In January 2016 the nursery had a visit from Ofsted. The nursery has been awarded GOOD. Comments in the report include:
- The setting is led and managed very well. The ambitious manager has the full support of the committee, who is full committed to the settings ongoing improvement. Parents and children also contribute to the settings self reflection, and actions taken to address weaknesses are highly effective.
- Partnership working with other professionals and local settings are very well established. The manager uses these sessions to reflect on current initiatives and introduce improvements that contribute to high-quality early years practice.
- Teaching is good. Staff provide an environment which is highly stimulating and welcoming for all children. Children are fully engaged in a wide range of activities, both indoors and outdoors. This meets their current needs and interests and helps them to make good progress.
- The setting is well organised. Routines are central to practice and fully promote children’s sense of security and well-being.
- Children have lots of opportunity to be physically active, the enjoy climbing, balancing and negotiating spaces as they play with their friends.
- Parents are effectively encouraged to be active in their children’s learning. Staff ask them to provide lots of information, which they use to establish what children already know and can do when they start in the setting.